Monday, April 2, 2012

I miss all of you!!

Hello class!
As promised, I am updating my blog from Norway!  I am having a fantastic time!  I can’t believe I am on HOLIDAY!
Well, let me start from the beginning.  I left Seville on Saturday morning at 9:30am.  So early!  I was travelling all day!  I had to take a train from Utrera to Seville, and then at 11:10, I had a train to Malaga.  After, I had to wait 3 hours just to check in and get to my flight.  It felt like forever!  I had been travelling to Malaga from 9:30am-2:45pm.  I was already exhausted, and I had to take a 4.5 hour flight at 6pm.
The flight was fantastic though!!  I was sitting next to a Norwegian man who had a B2 Spanish book with him!  I got so curious to see what B2 level Spanish was, and maybe if I was B2.  I finally got the guts to ask him if I could take a look.  (To get the guts to do something means to have courage)  We started talking, and didn’t stop.  We became friends through the flight.  He was very funny, and we started watching movies on my laptop and making jokes about living in Spain.  Luckily, we found out that we’re both taking the plane back on the 7th!  We’re going to ask the front desk to put us together on the plane so we can watch movies.  Maybe I’ve made a friend for life!
When I got into Trondheim, I was supposed to take the bus to some student center, I don’t remember what it’s called, and Tor, my Norwegian friend from the plane, told me he would help me find the bus stop.  When he asked the bus driver though, he said that that stop doesn’t run so late at night!  I thought I was in trouble, but Tor said ‘no problem, I’ll bring you.  We have to take the bus to where my mum is coming to get me, and she’ll drive you there.’.  How friendly is that!!!!  He really bent over backwards to help me, and I really appreciated it!  (To bend over backwards to help somebody means to do everything you can do to help them.)
I got in to my friend’s house, and I am having such a lovely time.  I fell asleep pretty fast on Saturday night, but I have been busy since.  I am staying with four guys, two of them were my friends before, but I just met the other two when I got here.  We really have a lot of fun, they’re super nice and they’ve really made me feel at home.  I have been relaxing, and enjoying myself with my new friends.
I even made a snowman (I’ll put the picture below), and took a walk around the city up to an old fort (an old war building used for protecting an area) where you could see the entire city surrounded by mountains.  I also have learned a lot about Norwegian.  I still can’t speak any, but my friend was telling me about how in Norway the dialects are so different between towns and areas because everything is separated by mountains, so languages developed differently.  Can you imagine?  It’s like Spain and Mexico… The language changed so much through just being divided, but this happens just in towns.  He said meeting people from other areas in Norway makes communication really difficult because they use words he’s never even heard of.  Being an English teacher, this type of thing really peaks my interest.  (To peak smb’s interest means it really interests them)
Tomorrow he’s taking me shopping in town.  You all know how much I love Shopping!  I will try to find some good Norwegian sweets to bring to class.  I will say though, Norway is FREEZING!  My boots are already soaked (very very wet) with snow, and I am wearing two pairs of leggings because I don’t own any pants!!
I really hope all of you are having a fantastic holiday.  Is the weather nice?  I hope all of you have been drinking a lot of beer for me.  If any of you have photos of your lovely holiday, send them to me and I will put them on the blog.
Is it strange?  I miss our English Class!  I can’t wait to hear from all of you about your holiday, and hopefully how wonderful it was.

He's super diva, isn't he?  Look at those arms stretched out.  'Oh hey girl hey!'

I’ll try to write again soon.

I know you’re on holiday….. but I am an English teacher, aren’t I?  I have to post at least something English educational!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment