Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You have two assignments this week!

Don't worry!  I won't make you write anything down! :)

Your two assignments this week are only listening.

First, a song.  This song is called Somewhere Only We Know - Keane.  It's a romantic song, but what song isn't these days?

Some important vocabulary to read before you watch:
To know something like the back of your hand - is an idiom we use to say that you know something very well.  For example: I don't need a map for Boston, I know the city like the back of my hand.
Beneath - below
To Rely - to be able to trust in something or someone to do something.  The adjective is Reliable.  For example: My boss is very reliable, he always pays me on time, and I can rely on him to answer questions. This means I trust him to do it.
To come across - A phrasal verb meaning to find something by chance.


The other assignment is to try to watch a video clip.  This is from a British comedy called Miranda.  The woman, Miranda, is very socially awkward, (Awkward is another way to say socially strange), and always has funny situations!  Here, she goes to the Doctor about a problem with her breast (tit), and thought it was a woman doctor because of the name Gail!  Gail in English is a very common first name for a Woman, but in this case, it's his surname!  However, he's incredibly attractive.  Watch Miranda make a fool of herself!



See you Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment