Monday, May 28, 2012

As promised!

I know you're all very nervous about the exam, but remember, they aren't just looking for perfect grammar and vocabulary!  They also look at how many risks you take, and if you're willing to try, even if it's difficult to express what you want to say.  All of you are good at that, so, make me proud!

Here, I will post a few links that I think will help you.
Firstly, here is the official vocabulary list for the PET book.  CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD.

And HERE is a way to practice some of that vocabulary!

Now that you have your vocabulary, let's talk about reading and reading comprehension! :)

Here is a website where you can practice each part of the exam.  Click on a number, as there are 19 different sets to practice with, and each set has an exercise for each part of the exam.  CLICK ME.

Here are two other practice websites for reading, though, I think the first is the best because it has realistic exam prep.

Link 1
Link 2

So, now that we've done some vocabulary and reading.. The worst part.. LISTENING!!!
:) I know you hate the listening part, but the more you practice, the better.  Remember the tricks we did where you practiced...  Such as deciding first what information you're looking for, and listening once before writing.  You know often they try to trick you by saying four different days, and then only one is the correct one.  Remember, you must understand the entire context in order to understand the answer!!

This website (CLICK) has some listening practice, but also lots of reading, and writing practice too! :)

This website also has the transcript and the key to download (CLICK) so if you have any questions afterwards, you can easily check them.

I really do believe all of you will do well on the exam, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me.  I am totally available to answer vocabulary questions, or correct writing.  I would love to sit down for a coffee (or beer) with any of you and go through your writing and talk to you about it.  Don't hesitate! (Don't hesitate means no dudas en hacerlo).  See you all soon.

I am sending KISSES and GOOD LUCK your way. <3<3
Maxime


No comments:

Post a Comment